Wednesday 28 September 2011

Failing memory!

I am very quick to put myself down. It comes from my fifties childhood I think. We were never allowed to boast and it was rare for anyone to give us praise lest we became conceited. That is how things were and my contemporaries seem to have similar stories.

So. I have been telling those who have asked at Fat Club that the last time I went down the Slimming World route I lost 2 stone and put it all back on again. This is my recollection. I lost the weight for my elder daughter's wedding. I know I didn't lose as much as I wanted but I felt comfortable enough.

How the mind plays tricks. Yesterday I came across my SW pack from that time. Yes. I had lost 2 stone. But my starting weight was 18 stone 10. I certainly have not put that much on in the intervening time which is actually a cause for great encouragement. My Mother-of-the-bride wedding weight was 16 stone 10, which seems heftier than I remember.

But the good news is that last night I tipped the scales at 17 stone one and a half, a drop of 1.5 lbs, but not a million miles away from my last lowest over 2 years ago. Am very pleased. And I also earned my first sticker for half a stone's weight loss. Because we are on the countdown to Christmas I also got to fill in a paper doll cut out which will go into a draw for all of us who lose 7lbs in the next 12 weeks. There is a £25 prize so motivation is high!

Have cheated a bit this week too. Again a lot of red wine, but also a bar of chocolate sneaked in. And I was too tired to wait for a shish kebab last night and settled for a very fatty donner. Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment