Wednesday 7 September 2011

Biting the bullet

Today I rejoined Slimming World which is, IMHO, the only diet which works for me. I cannot be doing with calorie counting, points systems, meal replacements or any of the other miracle cures for fattties that are in the current marketplace.

Having put on 3lbs on holiday I am pleased to say that careful monitoring of my food and drink intake over the last couple of weeks meant that I weighed in this evening at 17 stone 9lbs. Still  huge but, I like to think, on the way down.

But before I really praise myself I have to remember that today (before SW natch) I ate 3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Mr Reese ought to be hung, drawn and quartered for inventing those delectable little, calorific treats), followed by a Reduced To Clear Pizza Express American Hot Pizza.

The scales will tell all in the morning.

But. Elaine the wonderful SW leader was delighted to see me, gave me a hug, but more importantly inspired me to get right back on the plan.

And there were quite a few people there heftier than me.

Onwards and downwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment