Thursday 15 September 2011

A flying start

I have been good this week. Not very good but good enough! Yesterday I weighed in with Elaine for the second time and I have lost 4lbs. Am mighty pleased. My target for next week is to score under 17 stone. There is a very pyschological thing going on when you get to the next descending number.

Has the food been nice? Yes but it's been boring. I have all the SW recipe books but after a day at school I don't ever feel like starting anything new. So I have cooked normal stuff for my family and then I have cooked for myself. On the first night I made a huge lasagne but was so tired I went to bed hungry. This is not the way it can continue and tonight I am making Turkey Cacciatore from an SW recipe. It could be a breakthrough. On the other hand it might not be very good. There were some jolly strange offerings at Buffet Night last week. Whoever thinks couscous is a good base for a cheesecake needs their head examined!

Our group lost 97lbs between them last week. I would guess there are around 40 regulars so the diet works.

I have upped my exercise too. On days when I have more time I swim 600 rather than 400 metres and  I incorporated  a 30 minute session in the gym on Friday.

Just need to knock the red wine on the head really . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment