Tuesday 24 July 2012

Opening Ceremony - Technical Rehearsal

I went to this as a result of a ballot for Gamesmakers. I suspect all applicants were lucky though. 2 tickets would have been better. I was sent 2 but one was withdrawn as it was an error. Bad luck sis.

It is hard work getting to the stadium from the station if you are a bit disabled like me. I made the error of taking the free shuttle bus which took an age to get through the security (I'm sure one of the soldiers on the round was Prince Harry)! After all that it only seemed to take you about 100 metres nearer. No sign of any buggies to catch so I walked and I was very tired when I got to my seat.

Everyone was very friendly which was just as well because the whole thing took ages to get going and seemed very disjointed at first. I think this is because you don't get the full picture (like on the telly) when you are a spectator.

I loved it!  From the cows, the Chelsea Pensioners, Frank Turner, Rowan Atkinson, the cheesy announcer, the NCO, NYO and LSO and Simon Rattle, to the glorious pyrotechnics. Fab. Well done Danny Boyle.

And I left early because of getting back to the train. Lovely atmosphere, lovely company both in and out of the stadium and on the ride home.

Cannot wait for the real thing. And we have the Olympic torch tomorrow!!

"Save the surprise" was last night's plea from LOCOG. Good job my photos were rubbish. I'll leave you with a couple that don't give too much away.






No comments:

Post a Comment