Wednesday 28 March 2012

One year on

It is a year since my lovely Italian lady doctor broke the news to me that I was very overweight and that the amount of alcohol I was drinking was showing up as a near-death experience on my blood tests. None of this was of course news. I have been in denial for years.

I haven't been a very good Fat Clubber for the last couple of weeks. I've worked hard and I've needed comfort (chocolate), so I don't think my SW result tonight is going to be anything other than a couple of pounds on. I can live with that.

The good news however is that I went to see the lovely doctor again today and I have lost 14 kilos since she last weighed me. She was absolutely delighted. Words cannot express how chuffed I am either. I still haven't made my 2 stone award at the meeting but I have lost that, and a couple of pounds more, in a year.

If that doesn't spur me on then nothing will.

I have another Olympic training session this Saturday. In Hoxton. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment